All children will learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential.
Parents as Teachers is a free service from the Roosevelt County Health Department that will help support you in becoming your baby’s first, best teacher…even before your baby is born. Our certified Parent Educator will visit you at home or other comfortable location to help you understand and make the most of the stages your child is going through. She will meet with you regularly to listen to your concerns, show you creative ways to interact with your child, and coordinate support to help your child succeed. You and your baby will have fun and make friends with other parents at our family get-togethers. Your home visitor will stand by your family for up to 3-5 years while you become a more knowledgeable and successful parent.
We will provide:
- Encouragement in healthy parenting practices
- Activities to help strengthen your family
- Developmental and health screenings to detect delays or problems early
- School readiness activities – A strong emphasis is placed on reading. A book is given at each visit!
- Connection to needed resources
To find out how to sign up, or get more information, contact: